Q. What is a Certified Pedorthist?
A. A Certified Pedorthist is a specialist in using footwear which includes shoes, shoe modifications, foot orthoses and socks to increase comfort & performance for healthy individuals and to solve problems in, or related to the foot and ankle in people suffering from disease, or injury.
Q. What role does a Pedorthist play in my foot care?
A. When a doctor sees you with regard to a foot problem, they often refer you to a specialist. Depending on the problem the doctor may refer you to a Pedorthist. The Pedorthist is a specialist in footwear fitting and modification; they have a vast understanding of the properties of various types of footwear, & know to what level modifications can be carried out to best achieve the goals set out by the doctor.
Q. Can a Pedorthist diagnose my foot problem?
A. No, a pedorthist is trained to recognise many foot problems, but will refer you to a specialist should you require a prescription. A Pedorthist is able to dispense orthotics and modifications prescribed by a doctor or other precsriber.
Q. Can I only see a Pedorthist if I have been referred by a doctor?
A. No. If you do not have problems with your feet that require the attention of the doctor then a Pedorthist is a good option for high quality footwear fitting and modification for comfort and performance.
At Solutions 4 Feet we will:
- Treat our clients with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Ensure that we offer you an appointment at a time to suit you, with the minimum of delay.
- Explain the basis of all costs fully prior to any consultation.
- Offer a high level of service at a fair price.
- Ensure that all our equipment is clean and in perfect working order.
- Carry out all work within the time specified and at the cost quoted.
- Offer a money back guarantee on all of our Superfeet orthotic footbeds for a period of 60 days.
- Refer to another medical professional any situation that is out with our scope of practice.